Yea sure you could search “travel essentials” and you would receive the links to several different sites with many different lists, mainly Pinterest. But I wanted to make this as easy as possible and as simple as possible for you guys.
Most of you already know to limit your liquids in a carry on, external charger, etc. But on a recent trip to Belize, I’ve noticed my must-haves essentials as far as traveling comes. When I do travel with checked luggage the majority of my things will be in there. But there are some things I definitely need on my carry on.
Note: This page contains affiliate links, which means that if you buy something using one of the links below, I may earn a commission.
TRAVEL CREDIT CARD
I really desire a travel credit card. It is one of the “adult” decisions I want to make. I desire to book trips and travel a lot next year and the years to come. You guys should check out Alyssa Lenore, who runs the blog Alyssa-Lenore, post about her AMEX PLATINUM travel credit card. She discusses her points, annual fees, and much more! I learned a lot about needing a travel credit card through her!
AWAY CARRY ON
People! It IS smart to invest in a carry-on with a lifetime warranty. I can not stress this enough!! So much can happen on a trip and there’s a sense of reassurance when you know that if anything happened to your suitcase, you can get it fixed or replaced. I love Away pieces of luggage. They are so durable for any flight because we all know TSA can get a little rough with our luggage.
If you’re ready to invest in Away luggage, click here and you can get $20 off your first purchase! If the discount doesn’t apply, check out Alyssa Lenore “CODES” highlight on her IG stories for a quick tutorial! This works best on desktop.
When traveling, I always make sure these specific things are taken out of my carry-on and in my personal bag that I’m slipping under my seat. I enjoy The Cosmopolitan Women’s Duffle Bag that perfectly fits under the seat in front of you and can easily fit all your in-flight needs, and if you’re not a duffle bag kind of person and more of backpack person this fashionable Rose Gold backpack by Pottery Barn Kids is sturdy and spacious for all of your personal items and your able to add a monogram for additional charges. But you most definitely can use whatever bag you’re most comfortable with for your personal bag.
Once I’m seated I make sure all these things are accessible to me. No one wants to be going in and out of that overhead compartment. For long flights The things I like to make sure I have:
- TRAVEL PILLOW + EYE MASK if you’re the type to sleep on planes until your destination.
- MOISTURIZING SKIN CARE such as lotion and oils, because the air during a flight can really dry your skin out. Some may also recommend a facial mask.
- EYEGLASSES because it’s not good to be wearing contacts during a flight. They will dry out! Make sure you bring your eyeglasses with you if you have a prescription, you’ll be more comfortable skipping on the contact lenses!
- SEAT POCKET ORGANIZER because that seat pocket in front of you is disgusting! This will make sure you don’t lose anything in the seat pocket and have to go digging for it. That pocket gets rarely cleaned. I’m loving this one by BEIS.
- BEATS HEADPHONES are so worth investing in. They’re noise canceling and definitely make a difference when you’re listening to a movie or your music on a flight. They are so comfortable so I don’t mind having them on for a few hours.
- PENS! Man, this is important! And I’m sure your mom probably told you how important bringing a pen is. I’m just reinforcing that! because signing the citizenship papers are a pain.
- SLIPPERS– This is something I just started carrying in my carry on. If you’re on a long haul flight and don’t want to slip your shoes on and off when you stroll down that aisle to stretch your legs or use the bathroom, some simple slippers are pretty convenient. A little hack is to save hotel slippers and bring them on trips too.
- WATER BOTTLE can be filled once you clear TSA. You’ll also be able to make sure your water stays cold during a long flight as well.
- JEWELRY ORGANIZER is a game changer! I love traveling with this thing because it makes packing my jewelry for a trip so nice and easy. I also don’t have to worry about my necklaces becoming a tangled mess anymore.
- TECH ORGANIZER to organize your cables, adaptors, memory card, etc. The one I like to use is by DotDotTravel.
Other things to remember to throw in your bags, but I’m sure you already knew this: Travel wallet Disinfecting wipes, sanitizer, toothbrush/toothpaste, external charger, snacks, medicine, deodorant and body spray to quickly refresh during/after the flight, make-up wipes, extra socks, a blanket/scarf, an extra outfit just in case, travel documents, and your more expensive equipment that you’re not comfortable putting in your checked luggage. Usually, my laptop, cameras, and any bags I’m traveling with are in my carry-on luggage.
For your checked luggage, I definitely recommend packing cubes. I’m enjoying these packing cubes by Calpak Travel they are durable and spacious for all of your clothing, as well as other luggage organizers to better organize your belongings. That’s all for now! Happy Traveling!!
Like my photography? Check out my presets here to start editing your photos like a pro photographer/blogger!